Website Ronpak, Inc.
Job Title: Packer/ Support Personnel
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Level: Production/Entry Level
Reports to (primary): Shift Supervisor
Reports to (dotted line): Plant Manager
The Packer is part of the production team and is responsible for stacking and piling goods into their correct containers and preparing them for shipment using various equipment. Cleans and prepares containers before placing goods in them.
Essential Job Functions
Stack and pile finished goods into containers.
Prepare goods for shipment.
Pack them following a specific set of instructions.
Clean and prepare containers for packing.
Check to ensure containers are damage free.
Verify if items pulled out of package are correct.
Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
Seal and label each container.
Move completed packages for loading.
Review packing lists.
Mark and label containers.
Seal containers with glue and fasteners.
Tag containers with marking tools.
Responsible for reporting issues related to Food Packaging safety or quality.
Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Ability to work 12 hour shift, standing for long periods of time.
Shows concern for quality work.
Physical Demands of the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com