Website Ronpak, Inc.
Job Title: Machine Operator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to (primary): Shift Supervisor
Reports to (dotted line): Plant Manager
The Machine Operator is part of the production team and is responsible for all activities associated with running production machines including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Essential Job Functions
Prepare machine for running.
Change Tapes and normal wear items.
Blow down of machine.
Check Quality and follow established quality procedures
Cleaning and changing plates
Clean and changing inks
Preparation and changing rolls
Maintain adequate inventory of supplies at machine to keep machine running efficiently. This also includes leaving materials for the following shift. This includes but not limited to.
Support and help packers with.
putting boxes on pallets
Return of unused materials back to designated areas.
Weekly clean up.
Keeping machine area clean at all times.
Reporting of mechanical problems to supervision.
Set up and adjustment of the machine. This includes but not limited to.
Former plate changes
Replacement of worn knives
Replacement of worn nip pads
Helping maintenance with replacing parts on machine. This is to include but not limited to
Stagger lunches and breaks with packers and other operators to keep machines running at all times.
Utilize safe work practices and follow established procedures.
Utilize good manufacturing practices and follow established procedures.
Responsible for reporting issues related to Food Packaging safety or quality.
Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
High School Diploma or GED.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
At least 1 year experience with machine operations in a manufacturing facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Ability to work 12 hour shift, standing for long periods of time.
Shows concern for quality work.
Physical Demands of the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com