Website Ronpak, Inc.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to (primary): Plant Manager
Reports to (dotted line): COO
Supervises: Supply Chain Coordinator, Make Ready Clerk
As a key member of the Operations team, the Supply Chain Manager reports to the Plant Manager. The Manager is involved with the planning, coordination and monitoring of manufacturing processes. The Manager ensures that required items are available to produce quality products effectively and efficiently as it relates to customer demands. This position will be a key member of the Food Safety and Quality team and have responsibility for leading implementation and on-going program management/oversight on SQF certification. The Purchasing Manager is the back up for the Supply Chain Manager, and will cover for absences or vacancies.
Essential Job Functions
Facilitates, organizes and coordinates manufacturing operations to ensure quality products are produced in a timely manner.
Coordinates manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports Ronpak’s strategic initiatives and customer demands.
Serves as liaison between Customer Service and Production operations.
Serves as liaison between Corporate Scheduling and local plant production.
Ensures all materials are within the facility needed to run each specific order.
Contributes to the purchasing process of raw materials.
Directs and evaluates the performance of the Make Ready Clerk.
Develop and execute food safety plans to achieve and maintain certification and to meet all requirements related to quality and food safety programs.
Develop and maintain systems to assure facility meets all food safety systems requirements including commitment, document control and records, verification, product identification, trace and recall, incident management, building and equipment design, and pre-requisite programs.
Establish and implement all training needs to ensure competency in food safety and quality. Maintain training records.
Responsible for reporting issues related to Food Packaging safety or quality.
Perform other duties as assigned.
· Experience: 5+ years transferable work related experience
· Degree: Four-year Undergraduate Degree
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
· Contributes to the evaluation of the production process.
· Assists in addressing product complaints and resolutions.
· Supports the Plant Manager in additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Analytical and abstract reasoning skills
· Organization skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Proven Management skills
· Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
· PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel and Access
Physical Demands of the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.